Rule 005 | It Never Hurts to Ask for a Price Cut
We may not be official Minimalists, but give us a chance to scale back on our bills, and we’ll take it. Episode 5 includes a round-up of our current TV favorites, tiny-house daydreaming + coming up with ways to get rid of clutter in order to live more simply.
- Finally an “E” for explicit. Thanks to Jessie’s cursing.
- Listener shout-outs! We learn that our show pairs well with beautiful weather, and also makes a great soundtrack for cooking Blue Apron meals.
- Quote sent in from Tim Suttle... (Tattooable? You be the judge.)
- To cable, or not to cable? That is Jessie’s question.
- Landline telephones = The next hipster trend?
- Our current must-watch-TV includes The Americans, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt + Parenthood.
- Buildings go up, rent goes down. Brilliant. (Please DO try this at home.)
- Negotiation nation. Gerard shares his secrets for lowering our bills right and left.
- Must listen: The Minimalists + Rob Bell
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Our first giveaway! We are shamelessly preventing our own clutter by sending you presents... Enter to win by leaving a comment on the FB thread, and we’ll draw a winner at random and announce in the next episode.
- Jessie says, "Have knives, will travel. But otherwise, don’t even count on it."
- Gerard finally comes clean about the teeny-tiny ulterior motive he has for bringing up the topic of living simply.
- The 100 Things Challenge from our friend Jess Lively
- What are some areas of spending or bills that you could feasibly lower throughout the year? Commit to asking boldly, and let's see what happens!
- Where would you put your tiny dream-house?
- If you had to get rid of just 10 things in your home right this minute, what would they be?
Don't forget to leave a comment on the FB thread to enter our secret surprise backpack giveaway! Spoiler alert: We peeked at what’s inside and IT’S AWESOME.
(If you HAPPEN to like fresh new beauty supplies.)
Happy listening, and see ya next week!!!