A timely episode, because most summers are filled to the brim with family time, picnic sammies, and lots and lots of weekend naps.
- Jessie powers through the latest recording sesh, despite her current "summer cold." She would like to acknowledge that this is definitely gross, and she's sorry for the nasal-y voice.
- All the single ladies (well, two of them) send in their thoughts about the show, and we’re instantly smitten.
- Gerard confesses to sleeping on the job. Horrible idea or brilliant strategy? Any listeners out there that feel daring enough to try this tactic?
- Snoozers guilt is real, y’all. Justify your midday sleep sessions with our custom and compelling pro-nap research.
- Our summer family reunion at the lake is next weekend. Impending time with our loved ones leads to the need for a concrete strategy.
- Send us your own in-law struggles right here, and we’d love to share a bit of feedback in an upcoming episode!
- Jessie crumbles under the pressure of a simple sandwich. What’s the protocol for a vegetarian gal who adores her meat-eating mother-in-law?
- The secret that could unlock your next holiday trip home: Always treat your partner just like you would a dinner party guest when you bring them to spend time with your family.
- Gerard uses a war metaphor to describe a helpful coping mechanism. This was apparently an accident, but it totally works. Ref: The Fog of War
- As codependent as it sounds -- we always try to keep an eye on each other while at family functions, and making sure that food preferences, general activities + seating arrangements are coordinated certainly helps when it comes to feeling loved.
- Gerard tells a LIE on the air for the first time ever... This weekend’s water balloon attacks at the lake will be documented, and Jessie will report back next week. Stay tuned.
- Ask your partner: "How can I make you feel more welcome when we're with my family?"
- Are you on #TeamNap or #TeamAwake? Tweet at us with your vote! (And be sure to chat about it with your partner, too.)
- Which member of your partner's family can you commit to connecting with, the next time you see them?
DON'T FORGET TO join us in THE FB group for behind-the-scenes videos and tons of new fun friends. ;)
Happy listening, and we'll catch ya next week!!!