Rule 007 | Putting On A Bikini Is the Best Way to Cheer Up A Crying Husband
The Peppers are pro-bikini, but there are plenty of folks out there who might disagree. Jessie + Gerard open up about how body image affects their marriage, and why the idea of modesty means something different to so many people. Gerard is reminded that we are blessed to be a blessing, and realizes that being a bi-vocational pastor is more ingrained in his life than he originally thought.
- We survived Gerard’s family reunion at the lake, and there were no less than 19 references to thinly sliced deli meat throughout the entire weekend.
- Huge thanks to everyone who has already shared their feedback for the show! We love hearing your thoughts, so keep 'em coming and feel free to leave us a review on iTunes in order to help us reach more wonderful humans.
- Jessie has been popping up on a few other podcasts around the web this month: Listen to her chat about life as a creative entrepreneur on Dave Conrey’s Fresh Rag + making money online on The Lively Show.
- The burden of how to wear a cute bathing suit without sinning. (Struggle’s real, y’all.)
- Does showing too much skin in public take away from the mystery of intimate moments? Depends on the duo, apparently.
- Modest musings, “mixed bathing” + making waves with an old rope.
- Self-doubt is something that swims throughout both of our brains, but we hadn't talked about it until this episode.
- Gerard almost gets punched for having a high metabolism.
- Jessie shares her commitment to the mantra,“I am His,” and the two talk about what it means to embrace such a generous gift.
- Do us a favor? Tell your partner how attractive they are to you. Right now.
- Self-tanner is Jessie’s #1 tip for rocking a bathing suit with confidence.
- Gerard’s lack of movement within his call to ministry is making him feel a bit bummed out.
- Metaphors about wells + pitchers + muscles (oh my!) are inspiring us to feel less stagnant as we pursue our purposes.
- Jessie officially accepts Gerard as her latest lifestyle design client. She plans to promptly invoice him for the last eight years, and unfortunately does not offer a family discount.
- If you ever feel like your purpose in life is not being realized, take stock of what the pursuit of that really means, and then find simple ways to embrace it everyday.
- Passing the kleenex box and putting on a bikini are the best ways to cheer up a crying husband. You’re welcome. ;)
- Does your spouse have a preference on how much skin you show in public? How does this affect your decisions on getting dressed?
- What do you NEED from your partner this week? Be honest!
- Share some of the actions that make you feel most fulfilled, and talk about how to work them in to your day-to-day life.