The Peppers try to be generous but Jessie gets the blame for coming up short because of a miscommunication. Gerard confesses a high school secret involving stage makeup and the two realize they have more in common than they originally thought.
The Peppers are excited to welcome a very special guest on this week's show... Our roommate (who is also Jessie's younger brother) Joey is here to give you a sneak peek at what it’s like to live with the nuttiest married couple you know.
MIF On the Road starts in just over a week! We're announcing a handful of new cities this week, so sign up for our newsletter if you want to come say hey.
SO much good stuff going on in the FB group lately... Join us over there to be a part of the conversation.
Joey kicks things off with a story by throwing Jessie under the bus. She promptly stuffs him into the glove box to get revenge.
Having a third wheel brings accountability AND comic relief, and both are bits of the past year that feel more valuable than we imagined.
Mealtime is too important to waste with a fight. Figure it all out before the forks get picked up.
Fostering a 23 year old has taught us that honesty puts out fires like a high-powered hose.
Little brother’s make the best sounding boards. Who knew?
Joey is the freaking best. You guys are going to fall in love with him and probably wish that this were his podcast instead of ours.
- Do you ever feel embarrassed to fight in front of family members?
- Who is the one person (besides your partner) that knows your own kind of "crazy" the most thoroughly?
- What is one way you would try to keep your partner sane during a cross-country road trip? (Bonus points for sending the best ideas our way.)
The Peppers are pro-bikini, but there are plenty of folks out there who might disagree. Jessie + Gerard open up about how body image affects their marriage, and why the idea of modesty means something different to so many people. Gerard is reminded that we are blessed to be a blessing, and realizes that being a bi-vocational pastor is more ingrained in his life than he originally thought.
- We survived Gerard’s family reunion at the lake, and there were no less than 19 references to thinly sliced deli meat throughout the entire weekend.
- Huge thanks to everyone who has already shared their feedback for the show! We love hearing your thoughts, so keep 'em coming and feel free to leave us a review on iTunes in order to help us reach more wonderful humans.
- Jessie has been popping up on a few other podcasts around the web this month: Listen to her chat about life as a creative entrepreneur on Dave Conrey’s Fresh Rag + making money online on The Lively Show.
- The burden of how to wear a cute bathing suit without sinning. (Struggle’s real, y’all.)
- Does showing too much skin in public take away from the mystery of intimate moments? Depends on the duo, apparently.
- Modest musings, “mixed bathing” + making waves with an old rope.
- Self-doubt is something that swims throughout both of our brains, but we hadn't talked about it until this episode.
- Gerard almost gets punched for having a high metabolism.
- Jessie shares her commitment to the mantra,“I am His,” and the two talk about what it means to embrace such a generous gift.
- Do us a favor? Tell your partner how attractive they are to you. Right now.
- Self-tanner is Jessie’s #1 tip for rocking a bathing suit with confidence.
- Gerard’s lack of movement within his call to ministry is making him feel a bit bummed out.
- Metaphors about wells + pitchers + muscles (oh my!) are inspiring us to feel less stagnant as we pursue our purposes.
- Jessie officially accepts Gerard as her latest lifestyle design client. She plans to promptly invoice him for the last eight years, and unfortunately does not offer a family discount.
- If you ever feel like your purpose in life is not being realized, take stock of what the pursuit of that really means, and then find simple ways to embrace it everyday.
- Passing the kleenex box and putting on a bikini are the best ways to cheer up a crying husband. You’re welcome. ;)
- Does your spouse have a preference on how much skin you show in public? How does this affect your decisions on getting dressed?
- What do you NEED from your partner this week? Be honest!
- Share some of the actions that make you feel most fulfilled, and talk about how to work them in to your day-to-day life.