Rule 022 | Take Care Of Your Assets In Case You Become A Widow
The Peppers talk about being transparent with their finances and the importance of finding a good butt workout. Jessie tries to trade in her Christmas gift for something with way more wheels, and Gerard finally agrees that it's time to start using a budget.
- Listen for a quick recap of our Epiphany Party from last weekend, including a rundown of the neighborhood royalty that showed up with a trio of gifts!
- Anyone else daydreaming of warmer weather or a beachy drink of some sort? Okay, how about both. Get excited for the Great Love Getaway, and join us for a vacation in April!
- The best couples are even better when they get to "do life" in community with other great pairs... Our listeners have helped us to feel less alone and that's one of the many reasons why we're excited to hang out with the MIF community in real life.
- Jessie tries to trade in her tiny Christmas gift by asking Gerard to buy her something different. Rude, yes... But he surprisingly (and graciously) understands.
- Our gift-giving track record with one another is admittedly ROUGH... Bumpier than a mountain bike trail, with a dangerously high injury level. (Ok fine. We’ll quit with the puns.)
- Jessie cries about Gerard finally listening to her Christmas list.
- With the wind in her hair and blades on her feet, Jessie promises she would not need Gerard to be her blading buddy.
- Jessie cries again about Gerard gifting her with “the thought that counts.”
- A HUGE financial confession makes us sound like total idiots. (If you’re an accountant or financial planner, you might want to switch to a different show at this point.)
- Our buddies at Being Boss recently interviewed Mr. Jesse Mecham and Ms. Jessie Pepper is intrigued by the YNAB software.
- Gerard relies on his “Perceiver” tendencies to make sure we don’t overspend. Jessie prefers to stash her cash for a rainy day, and says that saving up makes spontaneous splurges feel extra fun.
- Kelly Clarkson was not on Gerard's radar in the early-Oughts, but Jessie auto-tunes some sense back into him. Thank goodness.
This episode was a doozy, but we're pumped to invite you to join us on the Great Love Getaway! SAVE THE DATE for April 7-10 of 2016, and start saving your pennies for the best vacation you’ve taken in a while. ;)
- Who are some of the married couples that make you and your partner feel better together?
- Which makes you feel more loved by your partner: When they give you a gift you really want OR shower you with quality time?
- Most relationships have one spouse who carries more responsibility with the finances… Did your person take the role in an unspoken way or was it something that you officially decided on together?