Rule 021 | You Don't Need An Excuse To Throw A Big Party
We're back and we missed you guys more than you know! It's finally time for Season Two, and there are a lot of reasons to party so we're diving right in.
Be sure to listen for our very special guests, and we're sending big bear hugs to the dear friends who are helping us celebrate this week:
- Would you ever have guessed the most requested topic of all time? Jessie spills the beans and then promises to talk about kiddos in the near future.
- Our Great Love Getaway is coming in Spring 2016! Sign up at meetthepeppers.com to be the first to know about dates and details.
- We finally found a place to live and are loving our little bungalow in Long Beach (especially because the owner has turned out to be our fairy landlordmother). Back in Episode #5, we talk about how it never hurts to ask for a price cut, and recently had a big win by following one of our own rules.
- Gerard has started traveling a lot more with his new job, and Jessie is getting used to being home alone with nothing but reality TV and a queen-size bed to keep her company. #heavenonearth
- Our trip to Guatemala with Unbound.org was a huge blessing, but Jessie’s animal-arch-nemesis kept crawling right up and creeping her out.
- Gerard brags on Jessie for finishing her first triathlon, and then calls her out for waiting to learn her road bike until the last minute.
- Sadie gets major surgery and we end up learning what it’s (probably) like to take care of a drunken toddler.
- Gerard admits to getting 7 bottles of fancy liquor in his Christmas stocking. (Thanks, Santa!)
- Hosting big parties make the Peppers happy, so we use Epiphany as an excuse to throw the biggest bash of the year.
- Gerard is obsessed with ambiance and has learned everything he knows from party expert (and comedian) Todd Glass.
- More backstory (and unexpected challenges) from the wacky costume party that we talked about in Episode 20.
- Jessie’s friend Erin created a helpful guide to use as the day-of timeline for a big party.
- Gerard shares the traditional meaning behind why we celebrate the ancient holiday of Epiphany. Prepare yourself for a little preaching.
- Our special guests weigh in on the following prompts:
- What does Great Love look like within your own marriage?
- What is it about your partner that makes you better together?
- What makes up the right mix for your own marriage recipe?
- Which is more embarrassing: Accidentally showing up to a dinner party an hour early or an hour late?
- What songs were your favorite additions to the dance jams of 2015?
- Describe your idea of the perfect "party ambiance"... Do you and your partner have differing views?