The Peppers start in on the topic of cell phones, and end up talking about Jessie's hurt feelings instead. Gerard insists his attention is just a glance away, but Jessie explains the feelings of being replaced by his addiction to Angel's Baseball. Instead of trying to continually check-in on what the world is experiencing, they seek to experience the world together. Jessie explains her belief in the importance of therapy, and Gerard is very in touch with his feelings about it being an extremely expensive hobby.
- New feature alert! Our upcoming listener Q+A won’t work unless you send in your questions… email them to jessie [at] styleandpepper [dot] com or use this handy form. (Please include specific details, and whether or not you'd like to remain Anon.)
- We passed an exciting milestone at MIF Headquarters this week… No, Gerard did not finally win the Powerball. (But he does plan to keep playing.)
- Jessie accidentally hi-jacks G’s original topic, and he never quite gets his groove back.
- Diving into bed early to spend time together does not have the effect that either of us had hoped for.
- Gerard claims that Jessie is only ever a glance away, but glances are a lot harder to come by when there is a baseball game to tweet about.
- Caution: Deleting the social media apps from your phone MAY cause a nervous tick to occur. Plus, if you don't have twitter installed, you won't be able to follow along with our attempts at humor.
- Settling in to the sounds of silence is the best way to prevent a relapse to addiction. (See: Episode #2)
- Our phones prevent us from really feeling like we’re experiencing things together, because we end up checking in to see what the rest of the world is experiencing instead.
- Gerard + Jessie share a few tips for managing phone-time while you’re spending quality time with your partner. (Hint: It DOESN’T involve keeping the mobile device locked away in a drawer.)
- Jessie requests permission to seek professional help for her mental and emotional health. Gerard makes an argument for why watching HGTV together could be just as therapeutic as the real thing.
- The psychologist around the corner should have been a guest on Episode #6. Yet another vote for the growing list of supporters on #TeamNap.
- When the budget feels too tight to seek professional help? Don’t forget about flex spending and long talks with good friends.
- If your partner has resistance when it comes to joining you on “the couch,” Gerard’s suggestions might help them feel better about the fear-filled unknown.
- Have you ever gotten your feelings hurt by being “replaced” with a mobile device?
- What are some existing technological boundaries that have worked well for your own relationship? (Share them right over here!)
- Is there anything that could become a shared activity, where you use your phone to enjoy it together?
- Do you view therapy an expensive hobby or important investment?