Rule 024 | Use Caution When Giving Your Real Last Name To Strangers
We are so excited to introduce you to two of our favorite friends, and can't wait to have them share the heart behind their own search for Great Love. In this episode, we talk about taking an intentional approach to a weekly sabbath, what it means to balance social media with being an attentive spouse, and how interracial relationships can be the cause of both blessings and challenges.
The Peppers AND The Dluxes would LOVE to hang with you over the upcoming weeks, so join us for the Creative Marriages gallery showing on Sunday, February 14th and get excited for the Great Love Getaway coming up in April!
- Having an altar-ego keeps things spicy... It can also keep away they identity thieves.
- In case you’re curious, here is the 90’s throwback coca-cola commercial that inspired Kelly's personal brand.
- Check out Kelly and some of his hot DJ moves right here.
- Michelle decides to embrace the Dlux handle after reading Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert.
- Hear the story behind how Gerard and Jessie became The Peppers, and you'll also get some background on Gerard’s corresponding break-down.
- Kelly + Michelle tell us how the idea for a #DLUXSABBATH came to be... Follow along with the hashtag in order to live vicariously through their weekly adventures!
- They recently visited the Rancho Bernardo Winery and filled a random Monday with taste-testing and hot tubbing and traipsing around in the rain with friends.
- Find Michelle on snapchat by searching the username: michellekphoto
- Find Kelly on Periscope by searching the username: @kelly_dlux
- Jessie’s snapchat is styleandpepper and our collective Periscope handle is @meetthepeppers!
- In Episode 9, we talked about our own struggles with social media. (So glad to know we're not alone.)
- Having an interracial relationship has provided the Dluxes with both challenges and blessings, but their efforts to convey grace (no matter what) is so inspiring!
- Michelle shares honestly about feeling like her wedding doesn't always match up to what she’s exposed to in her day to day business.
- Does your partner have any major fears that you've learned to accept?
- How do you and your partner prioritize rest together? What would your own version of a #dluxsabbath look like?
- Do you believe in the concept of having one singular soul mate on the entire planet?
More Dlux Details:
Kelly is the owner of the DJ/MC company Dlux Entertainment, and is currently pursuing his masters degree in Apologetics at Talbot Seminary. Michelle is a wedding and portrait photographer who you may also recognize as a former Nickelodeon star (on Ned's Declassifed School Survival Guide). They both love exploring Southern CA and volunteering their time on the leadership team at Emmaus Church in Santa Ana.
Say hello to Michelle + Kelly on Instagram: