We're back and the Great Love Getaway was a huge success! Listen in for the highlights of our trip: Bear-hugging, fire-dancing, pants-splitting, guacamole-eating, tequila-drinking, pool-dipping... The list goes on and we're already getting excited for next time. In this week's discussion, The Peppers talk about why it's important to daydream together, and they come up with a list of the things that you shouldn't do when looking for another duo to be your marriage mentors.
Hard to believe we're nearing the end of another season, but that means we're now accepting sponsors for Season Three of the show!
Contact us directly for more info, and be sure to save the date for our finale party on May 29th.
- The GLG guests give a recap of the best moments in their own words.
- Watch the full video by Kelly Dlux to pretend like you were there, and start getting excited to join us for the next trip.
- Taking our guests along with us for a dreamlining exercise... Courtesy of Tim Ferris and his book, The 4-Hour Work Week.
- Gerard sets out to start working on his fitness, but Jessie thought he might have been polishing his comedy craft instead. See his inspiration photo here:
- Becoming conversational in Spanish is still on our minds from Episode 18.
- Jessie is dreaming about having a vegetable garden, becoming the author of a published book, and hosting another Great Love Getaway in the fall... Lofty goals, but it feels good to get them off her chest.
- Being a full-time podcaster might feel daunting, but Gerard encourages Jessie to go for it anyway. You can get a teeny-tiny sneak peek at her upcoming project right here.
- The Peppers are already excited to plan another GLG, and the only problem now will be reigning in the vision.
- “Marriage isn’t something that should be done in isolation. If having us share our stories can give other people comfort or encouragement or a jumping off point for their own relationships, then that’s wonderful -- and this getaway is the in-person version of that.” -G
- Marriage mentors can certainly be a blessing, but digging into life with a strong community of married couples can be just as life-giving.
- Jessie shares three things NOT to do when looking for marriage mentors.
- The differences in diverse relationships create so many wonderful opportunities for learning from each other.
- You may remember Tim + Mimi Keel from Episode 8... We're lucky enough to call them friends, and they've inspired and encouraged us ever since our years at Jacob’s Well.
- The Peppers feel so grateful for their community that has grown since they first got married, but being blessed means that they want to turn around and pour themselves out into other married couples.
- If it really came down to it, would you rather have a six-pack of abs or a six-pack of beer?
- What is one splurge-y thing that you could daydreaming about having in the next six months?
- Can you think of one couple you know that might be blessed by spending some quality time with you and your partner?