This episode is a long-awaited answer to the most frequently asked question of our entire podcast... Why the heck don't The Peppers have any kids?! Jessie's little brother stops in as our special guest, and he keeps us both in line as the emotions start to flow.
Don't forget to leave us a review on iTunes, and send us a tweet if you have something to share while you listen!
You might remember our special guest from last season when he crashed our closet in NYC, and promptly divulged the story behind one of our dirtiest fights.
Jessie tries to be nice when people ask her about having kids, but it’s usually way too tempting to pull out the smart-assery instead.
Gerard gets annoyed when people make assumptions about our decision, but Joey reminds us that excitement loves company.
The Peppers would have to start sleeping in the same bed again if they had to make room for a nursery.
Pre-engagement counseling (yes, that is a thing) was the moment we realized that we saw eye to eye about starting a family.
Jessie is worried that her grandmotherly daydreams are never going to happen, but Gerard reassures her that he’ll always be around to pluck her chin hairs.
Both sets of our parents have been incredibly understanding about the decision not to have kids, but their own friends have not stopped trying to force the issue.
Gerard makes the clear distinction between a decision and a diagnosis.
Jessie loses her shit over losing dear friends over such a decisive choice.
The Peppers insist that they love hosting families as Casa de Pepper, but parents are better off bringing sippie cups and outlet covers since the baby-proofing has yet to happen.
Gerard’s top two celebrity crushes have a baby together, and the wife’s outlook on kids has given Jessie permission to embrace the feeling of a complete family.
- A shocking admission at the end of the show leaves both Jessie + G with a ton of resolve towards our desire to bless and nurture others.
LOOKING FOR OTHER WAYS TO MAKE AN IMPACT?
The Great Love Gang has shared so many wonderful resources with us over in the Facebook group, and we would love to pass along some of the many ways that YOU can make an impact on the lives of children and families who need extra guidance and support:
- Impacting Hearts - Weekly mentorship for children currently living in a foster home. (Los Angeles / Orange County)
- Safe Families - Short term foster care and family assistance. (70 US Cities)
- CASA - An organization that connects volunteers with at-risk youth who need the constant adult presence that many of them lack. (49 US states)
- Buckner International - Volunteer opportunities for four different types of family ministries. (Texas + Abroad)
- The Call - Connecting foster care and adoptive families to children in need. (Arkansas)
- AdoptUS Kids - Raising public awareness and providing resources for both states and families who are hoping to adopt or foster children.
- What is your opinion on how much or how little some parents share of their kids online?
- Regardless of whether or not you are a parent now, can you remember visualizing yourself as a mom or dad when you were little?
- Have you ever lost a friend because of the addition of kids? (Either yours or theirs.) How did this happen and how did it make you feel?